search my blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

my home. part 2

If you are ever in Kansas City, check out River Market Antique Mall, where I found these great kitchen canisters! It was love at first sight! And it's also where I found my owl cookie jar. You are bound to find something too in this 30,000 square foot building located on West 5th Street in the Historic River Market area.  www.rivermarketantiquemall.com/
Everyone needs a bouquet of colorful kitchen utensils!
A practical little salad bowl for 2 + a 2 buck price tag at a local thrift store = 1 guilt free purchase :)
I discovered this glass and wood bowl in the back of a downtown Branson, Missouri antique store a year ago.  It was in the farthest corner booth, on a dusty bottom shelf, behind a bunch of other stuff.  I was so excited to wipe away the dust and see this perfect bowl was only $8!  And it saved me from having to go all out on this one:   see Crate & Barrel's acacia and glass salad bowl
Remnants of my wedding bouquet add a simple touch to some antique jars.
Peek-a-boo... Shawnee winking owl salt and pepper shakers.
Part of my vintage cream & sugar collection.
I love all the colors!
We bought this great table off some friends and, after a long hunt online,  I was able to complete it with  a set of 6 vintage dining chairs.


I found this lovely Bissman solid walnut cabinet at an antique store in Carthage, Missouri with my lovely Aunt Dolores. I'd like to give a shout out to my awesome little sister who drove it 800 miles for me in my Dad's truck so that I could finally get it from Kansas to Michigan last year.

1 comment: